BCHCAZ 2019 Horsemanship Safety Series
All clinic times are 9:00 – 12:00 at CVEA arena
BCHCAZ Clinic October 6th
9:00 to 12:00 – Chino Valley Equestrian Center
- Fundamentals and preparation of ponying horses/mules to pack
- Groundwork including rope work for helping your animal be ready
- Riding exercises to work on use of legs, one handed riding
- Practice ponying with your saddle horse
- If you have a horse/mule you want to bring to pony, you may want to bring a friend or horse holder
Limit of 10 people with stock. Members (to ride) only $10. Auditors/public welcome at no charge.
Contact Jack directly to hold spot: Jack.M.Emory2950@gmail.com
March 31 at Chino Valley Equestrian Park; 09:00-12:00
- Pre-ride safety
- Steering one handed ; prep for ponying a pack animal
April 28 ( same time and location )
- Riding fundamentals for the trail
- Trail obstacles
The approach to this work you can expect is Preparation, being significant to the horse by demonstrating fair leadership; gaining a response to build respect, building trust through consistency, developing feel, timing and balance.
Clinics are meant for broke horses, to develop and/or refine communication with SAFETY in mind while preparing for trails, back country travel, and packing.
My contact info if you have questions or to reserve a spot:
Jack Emory 928-848-6552
Sign up by emailing Jack at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost is $10 / horse and rider; you MUST be a member of BCHCAZ.
Please complete membership beforehand if not currently a member.