BCHCAZ Board Meeting – February 7, 2022
Roll Call – Quorum
- President – Craig Ferdig
- Vice President – Gayle Gardner
- Secretary – Rene Ferdig
- Treasurer – Wendy Timmel
- Trails – Spike Hicks
- Sedona – Stephanie Giesbrecht
- Member-at-large – Christina McCarty
- Financial / Membership Update – Wendy
- Membership –
- Financials – Ending balance $30,246.76. State and National dues were paid in the last month. Also signs for Sedona trails.
- $2000 approved for Bumblebee.
- Dedicated $2500 to Almosta trail
- Dedicated $2500 to a grant for additional trail grant matching.
- Regarding donations to other local charities such as LASER, EEE, etc. Board voted to set aside $1000 for discretionary grant money to be set aside for other equestrian related organizations in the coming fiscal year.
- Annual Meeting – Feb 27 at 11:00am
- 28 people so far signed up for the annual meeting so far.
- Looks like it will go on live, with a Zoom meeting. Lunch and voting. Craig will speak. Bill Arsenault (President of BCHAZ) will speak.
- Food drive will be included as part of the annual meeting.
- Groom Creek cleanup in April – waiting on the Forest Service to give us a date. Spike will call Susan Johnson
- 40+ participants participated in the Almosta cleanup in January. Only 7 equestrians participated.
- Another Almosta cleanup will be scheduled in mid-March to finish the final half mile.
- Sedona Update
- Equestrian trails – only 15 of 36 trails designated as equestrian trails in the Red Rocks Ranger District are passable by horses. Signs were created to put on the trails which are not recommended for horses. Forest Service decided they weren’t going to put the signs out. FS is legally liable to follow their own decision memos as it pertains to equestrian trails.
- Next trail ride – new trail off Black Canyon trail. March 6th? Plenty of parking off Orme Rd.
- Save the date – Memorial weekend ride and campout at Stringfield Trail Head
Adjourn. Next meeting is Monday, March 7th at 6:30.