BCHCAZ Board Meeting – April 5, 2021
Zoom Meeting can be used by a Smartphone.
Roll Call – Quorum
- President – Craig Ferdig
- Vice President – Gayle Gardener
- Secretary – Rene Ferdig
- Treasurer – Dan Thornhill
- Membership – Katherine Thornhill
- Trails – Spike Hicks
- Sedona – Stephanie Giesbrecht
Approve Agenda: Approved
- Financial / Meeting Update – Dan
- Membership – 77
- April 18th Stringfield Ride – 9:30 at the Stringfield Trail Head (625, 622, 627-> 625)
- May Events:
- Self-Defense on Horseback clinic – Horse Lords May 15th ($150 per rider / $30 audit)
- Ned Leigh 2-Day Horsemanship Clinic (request for saddle fitting too)- May 8th – 9th ($275 per rider / will determine auditor fee)
- Bumblebee Update
- Christina will ensure all trail bosses do pre-rides and use same GPS software
- JC is interested in being auctioneer
- Initial meeting had six participants, commitees formed.
- Sedona Update
- Sign memo was submitted. Kyle Robb is replacing Forest. Steph and Joan will continue to work with Chris Johansson.
- Verde Front fundraising mtg.
- Steph and Joan would like to show the new trails, plenty of parking at the cattle pens. We can organize a ride in the fall or early summer.
- Coconino Forest plan – Equestrians are requested to bring pelleted feed only.
- $25k grant has not yet come in, but no crews will be available (will be assigned to fire duty)
- Arrow Contractor – Trail Cleanup. If price change over last year > $500, board must approve.
- Prescott Rodeo
- Tickets are on sale (full audience)
- Parade interest? Gayle has till end of May to get application in. This year’s theme is “History Lives Here”.
- Bartending? Board says Yes. Gayle is checking.
- Groom Creek Horse Camp
- Susan Johnson not enthusiastic about the clean-up and BCH camping, COVID restrictions may not allow it. Potentially 4/24 if cleanup is allowed.
- $600 set aside for Powder River Panels and gate are needed. (each enclosure is 3-16’ panels + 10’ panel + gate)
- Spike will check on replacing a wooden tie-up with a metal one.