BCHCAZ Board Meeting – March 2, 2021
Zoom Meeting can be used by a Smartphone.
Roll Call – Quorum
- President – Craig Ferdig
- Vice President –
- Secretary – Rene Ferdig
- Treasurer – Dan Thornhill
- Membership – Katherine Thornhill
- Trails – Spike Hicks (Gave Craig update before meeting, did not attend)
- Sedona – Joan Bouck
Approve Agenda: Approved
- Financial / Meeting Update – Dan
- $520 revenue
- $1200 to National BCHA
- $355 to BCHAZ
- $109.95 to Insurance
- $38 to PO box
- $28,564 Bank balance
- $5,048 Money Market
- 72 memberships
- National Report – BCHA
- $107k balance in Checking
- Documentation requested – photos of people who don’t have horses in horse camps who are doing something not compatible for horse camps
- Grant from BCHA for ~$1,000 for equipment to carry power saws and special latches to hook onto animals for pulls. Letter from Forest Service will be provided for the grant.
- Grant of $20,000 – Almosta Trail system, still waiting to hear on it
- Sedona signage grant was denied due to bureaucratic process. This will be paid for by $1,000 funds set aside. Joan suggested a fund raiser in Sedona to get more funds.
- Rodeo Update
- Current plan is to operate at 50% capacity. If rates continue to go down, BCHCAZ will likely participate.
- Prescott Scout troop wants to help
- Girdner Trail changes – Stephanie will have presentation finished this week to present to Chris Johannson (Red Rock Ranger District)
- Signage – larger trail etiquette sign at trail head, plus smaller signs for intersetions
- Scott (Forest) Saville, RR Ranger district, is taking a position in Flagstaff.
- Joan sent the Trails maps to Craig, including “horses not recommended”. Trail Forks app. Parking near shooting range (“gravel pit”).
- March Sponsored ride
- March 20th or 21st weather dependent – Sedona social ride, Jim Thompson Trail (Gate code 4410)
- Almosta Trail update – cat claw is getting overgrown. Reported downed tree is no longer there.
- Groom Creek Update
- CDC guidelines – when hospital rates drop to 75%, we can start doing volunteering events. Can’t officially have a plan until this is known.
- Rebuild and install a metal horse tie-up along with clean-up some time in April. Alan is PM for Forest Service and will direct activities.
- Little Thumb Butte
- June 5th
- Jim Higgs will lead the ride
- Food options are vendor or box lunches. Ann can’t serve food yet.
- Holiday Dinner – Confirmed for December 4th at Centennial Club.
- Ned Leigh 2 day Horsemanship Clinics – early May and October
- Horse Lords Self Defense May 15th at American Ranch Arena