BCHCAZ Board Meeting – May 4, 2020
Conference Call-in permanent number: (978) 990-5239, ID: 351324
Roll Call – Quorum
- President – Craig Ferdig
- Treasurer – Dan Thornhill
- Secretary – Rene Ferdig
- VP – Gayle Gardner gave updates and approvals prior to meeting, but could not attend.
Approve Agenda: Approved
Previous Minutes see highlight from 4/6/2020 meeting minutes.
Committee Reports – Old Business
- Finance – no new income or expenses in the last month. We have $22,927.78 in checking, $5,046.50 in money market.
- Bumblebee committee had its first meeting 4/30/2020. We need more volunteers!!
- Almosta Trail System. Craig Ferdig and Katherine Thornhill rode the trail on 5/1 and identified areas that need clean-up. $3800 bid by Arrow Fire Prevention Service for crew of 12 people to walk in 5 miles, clean up, and walk out. Agreed to by Gayle (VP), Dan (Treasurer), Craig (President), and Rene (Secretary). Ribbon marking will be needed prior to cleanup.
- Sedona Trails – Trail south of Sedona checked out by Richard, Craig, Saara, and Gayle. Very challenging, rocky, very steep step downs/ups, two crossings over Oak Creek. Could be cleaned up with minimal effort, but requires seasoned trail horses and riders.
- Rodeo/Parade – 2020 parade is still on. $100 entry fee. Gayle will coordinate the parade and bartending for the rodeo.
- Annual Fall Benefit – Some people wanted to move from Bumblebee this year. Research into alternatives showed other venues more expensive and/or already booked for appropriate weather months. Less risk to remain at Bumblebee this year. Kelly has confirmed we are penciled in at Bumblebee for weekend of 11/6, if they’re able to be open. Suggestions for activities:
- Poker Ride
- Horse Massage with Kathy Kentera (potential)
- Orienteering and Geocaching class and activity
- Requesting $2,000 for budget for Bumblebee. (Approved)
- Christmas Party – Katherine Thornhill will head up our Christmas Party for December 11th.
- 2021 Rose Bowl Parade – from March meeting, Gayle will check into this possibility.
- Cowboy Poets – still scheduled for 8/9. Jim Buchanan and volunteers.
- Groom Creek – postponed until COVID-19 activities are cleared for work
- BCHCAZ Logo signs and marketing request. Requesting $1000 for:
- BCHCAZ pins (200 for $400).
- Map and triangle etiquette sign at Stringfield trail head requested by Jason (PV Nat’l Forest) – 2 signs – Approx $200 (included in the request for $1000 for logo’d items).
- Add’l logo signs for trail etiquette at Peavine trail and Pioneer trail.
- Emergency Equine Evacuation (EEE) will be putting out media this week with BCH information, which will be forwarded to BCH of America.
- Gates discussion with Jason (PV Natl Forest). Geography dictates what kind of gates go in, and how wide the gate area is.
Will be nice to have face-to-face meetings again, but only after it’s considered safe and those attending are comfortable with face-to-face meetings.